- Inspired by Portland’s makers and local businesses?
- Passionate about creating community and helping others?
- Excited about a dynamic work environment that embraces creativity and innovation?
- Relational and enjoy making new connections while building meaningful relationships?
- A collaborative person with a desire to work with a team?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you!
Central Eastside’s Administrative Assistant must be passionate about Central Eastside Industrial District and its diverse mix of businesses, industries, creatives, makers and manufacturers. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator, customer service pro; successful multi-tasker, and problem solver. The position requires excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, computer fluency, flexibility, a great sense of humor and commitment to Central Eastside’s mission and values. Since 1979, the Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) has supported the Central Eastside Industrial District which contains 1,400 businesses that provide 20,000 jobs. The Administrative Assistant works with the Executive Director and the rest of the CEIC team to foster a safe district, enhance the pedestrian experience, reinforce economic viability and promote Central Eastside’s unique identity through innovative and responsive programs.
Specific Responsibilities (work in office in Central Eastside, with hybrid option)
- Data management: track CEIC membership information, waivers for Central Eastside Together programs, survey results, transportation program, memberships
- Community relations : respond to general inquiries about membership and Central Eastside Together programs, membership acknowledgement and tracking
- Providing logistical support for meetings and retreats, including scheduling, minute-taking, creating handouts or packets, and other tasks as requested
- Special event support : support team in event coordination including quarterly meetings and volunteer district clean ups
- Manage and prepare bank deposits and make weekly bank trips to deliver deposits
- Explore District – spend time ‘in the field’ to understand the unique needs of Central Eastside’s diverse mix of businesses, industries, creatives, makers, manufacturers, property owners and community and government stakeholders
- Assist Executive Director with all other duties as requested
- Passion for Central Eastside’s diverse businesses, industries, creatives, makers and manufacturers and commitment to Central Eastside’s mission and values
- Proven ability to set priorities and work efficiently and effectively in a frequently busy and deadline-driven environment; capable of adjusting quickly to changing conditions
- Consummate professional with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve with spirit of innovation; strong interest in coming to work and creating your job on a daily basis
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills including ability to work independently, as a team player and with diverse constituents; proven customer service expertise
- Commitment to serving, supporting and growing membership
- Proven computer skills including in-depth knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office, Zoom, and GSuite; experience working with relational databases (Salesforce knowledge a plus), and PowerPoint
- Flexible schedule to work occasional early mornings, nights and weekends
- Generally, requires an Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience or equivalent education.
Central Eastside Industrial Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position. Please also provide a complete chronological resume and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Central Eastside: Administrative Assistant” in the subject line no later than June 28th at 5 pm.