The Central Eastside Industrial Council is committee to providing you with the most up to date information on all the resources and support available to your business & employees.
Our Safety for All Team has created tips for business owners to keep their business safe during COVID-19.
Governor Kate Brown has issued an executive order temporary moratorium on commercial leases. You can read the entire order here.
The Central Eastside Industrial Council is advocating for you. We have sent the following letters to elected officials:
- CEIC Commercial Tenant/Property Owner Support
- Portland Regional Business Leaders Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Immediate needs for houseless community support in the Central Eastside
Due to COVID-19 all of our meetings will be virtual for the time being. You can view recordings of past meetings here:
- September Land Use and Urban Development
- September Merchants and Makers
- August Land Use + Urban Development Meeting: Special Discussion on Houselessness
- August Merchants + Makers Featuring Bricks Need Mortar
- Neighbors Together Training with the Office of Civic Life
- Community Forum on Graffiti Mitigation + Murals
- Portland Street Art Alliance & Portland Means Progress
- COVID-19 Economic Forecasting with ECONorthwest
- Prosper Portland & SBA Presentation
- Senator Ron Wyden
- Congressman Earl Blumenauer and Business Oregon
- Paycheck Protection Program: Small businesses can receive forgivable loans through the newly-created Paycheck Protection Program to address important payroll and operational costs. The federal government has guaranteed these loans, so no personal guarantee or collateral will be required.
Information for Employees Including Layoffs / Unemployment:
- The state of Oregon has created an information page for businesses navigating COVID-19. This includes information on layoffs, unemployment insurance, and closures.
- Trying to figure out what Unemployment vs Employee Sick Leave will cover? View this graphic to learn the difference.
- Looking for all the details on sick leave and FMLA? View this graphic to learn more.
Business Community Resources:
- Business Oregon has the most up to date resources available via their Small Business Resource Navigation.
- Sign-Up for Prosper Portland, the Cities Economic and Urban Development Agency email list.
- Business for a Better Portland has launched a platform for Asks / Offers that are COVID-19 related.
- The newly formed Portland Independent Restaurant Alliance PIRA is doing great work and has great resources to check here.