This week the CEIC’s Land Use + Urban Development and Merchants + Makers Committees held a joint meeting open to the public to host Prosper Portland. We were happy to see lots of our District friends, neighbors, and community leaders in attendance asking questions and brainstorming ways to improve the District.
The Merchants + Makers committee co-chairs shared the results of a small survey we conducted about concerns and priorities from small businesses. We found that cleanliness and safety remain top concerns in our community, and people also are concerned about a lack of street lighting and vacant storefronts.
Berk Nelson and Amy Nagy from Prosper gave an overview and talked about the best way to utilize Prosper Portland’s various grant, loan and business support programs to address these concerns and help small businesses. The group also discussed how the District can come together as the weather improves for activations and events through the rest of the year, which Prosper is eager to support! See below for helpful links to all of the programs discussed we think Central Eastside Businesses should be aware of.
Find detailed notes from the meeting here.
About Prosper Portland: Prosper Portland focuses on building an equitable economy, based on four cornerstones: growing family-wage jobs, advancing opportunities for prosperity, collaborating with partners for an equitable city, and creating vibrant neighborhoods and communities. They invest financial and human capital to serve the city and its residents.
- Prosper Portland Community Livability Grant
- Prosper Portland Business Repair Grant
- Prosper Portland Page about Central Eastside Urban Renewal Area
- Prosper Portland Business Finance Programs
- Prosper Portland Inclusive Business Resource Network
- PBOT Healthy Businesses Permit Program
- City of Portland page about the Central Eastside Enhanced Services District, Central Eastside Together
- Central Eastside Together Enhanced Services District information
- How to use Central Eastside Together services
- Take the CEIC’s Community Priorities Survey
Interested in joining the CEIC’s Land Use + Urban Development or Merchants + Makers committees or email lists? Email email@example.com with your name, any business affiliation, and committee interest.